Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
KIEV, UKRAINE – 2019/01/19: In this photo illustration, the Penn National Gaming Casino company … [+]
LightRocket via Getty Images
After observing the highs of $130 last year, the shares of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN) are again climbing the ladder despite geopolitical tensions and broader market contraction. In 2021, the company’s revenues surpassed pre-pandemic levels assisted by its slot gaming business in the Northeast and South regions. Penn’s Interactive Gaming segment, which represents the sports betting business, reported a 12% share of the U.S. sports betting market (excluding Nevada) with an 11% hold rate. As highlighted in our earlier article, Penn Stock Poised For Long Term Gains?, Penn National Gaming
can more than double its revenues with a 15% market share in the long-term. Thus, Penn stock is poised for capital gains even amid an uncertain macroeconomic environment. Per the Trefis machine learning engine which analyzes historical stock price movements, PENN stock has a 58% chance of a rise over the next month (21 trading days). See our analysis Penn National Gaming Stock Chance of Rise for more details.
Five Days: PENN 8.6%, vs. S&P 500 0.6%; Outperformed market (7% event probability)
- PENN stock gained 8.6% over a five-day trading period ending 03/01/2022, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which was relatively flat.
- Returns of 8.6% or higher over a five-day period on 181 occasions out of 2517 (7%); Stock rose in the next five days in 116 of these 181 instances (64%).
Ten Days: PENN 5.4%, vs. S&P 500 -0.9%; Outperformed market (26% event probability)
- PENN stock gained 5.4% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined 1%.
- Returns of 5.4% or higher over 10-day period on 662 occasions out of 2516 (26%); Stock rose in the next 10 days in 364 of these 662 instances (55%).
Twenty-One Days: PENN 21%, vs. S&P 500 1.3%; Outperformed market (9% event probability)
- PENN stock gained 21% over the last twenty-one trading days (about one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which was relatively flat.
- Returns of 21% or higher over 21-day period on 217 occasions out of 2516 (9%); Stock rose in the next 21 days in 126 of these 217 instances (58%).
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
Invest with Trefis Market Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates